Vegan – Dairy Free – Gluten Free – Refined Sugar Free
When we think of Christmas flavours it’s all about the mixed spice, cranberries and of course, chocolate! These festive oat bars are the perfect snack to get you in the festive spirit – they smell just like Christmas! They’re also vegan friendly and free from refined sugar & gluten!
Ingredients : 8 Ingredients
Time : 20 minutes ( plus 30 mins – 1 hour setting time)
Simplicity : Easy enough!
Servings: 8 (ish) bars
Cost : $1.17 AUD / £0.66 GBP / $0.88 USD per serving
INGREDIENTS ( 8ish Bars)
To make our Festive Oat bars you will need:
- 2 cups of Oats – ( gluten free if needed)
- 1/3 cup Dessicated Coconut
- 4 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey OR maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 pistachios
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
Tip: If you want this recipe to be vegan, opt for maple syrup instead of honey
To make our Festive Oat Bars you will need:
Tip: Make sure you line the baking tray, otherwise your bars will be tricky to remove
- Mix the oats, desiccated coconut, honey, 1/2 the coconut oil, cranberries, pistachios and mixed spice together in a bowl until well combined. – ( leave some cranberries and pistachios to decorate the top!)
- Tip into a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden
- Melt the remaining coconut oil and the cacao powder together until they form a smooth liquid
- Combine the baked oats and the chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl and mix until combined
- Tip back into your baking tray and press down firmly with a spatula – sprinkle with the remaining cranberries and pistachios
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes – 1 hour, until they are set
- Slice into bars and Enjoy!
Tip: Store these bars in the fridge when they are ready!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe!
We would love to hear from you, let us know what you thought of this recipe in the comments below, and share it with anyone you think might like it!
We would love to see your creations so tag us in all your photos! – @the_health_mix