Vegan – Dairy Free – Gluten Free – Refined Sugar Free – Nut Free – Raw
It doesn’t get much better than eating raw cookie dough – it’s no secret, we all love to lick the spoon! But sadly cookie dough is neither healthy nor vegan… until now! Luckily for you, we’ve come up with a cookie dough recipe that ticks both of these boxes – and tastes incredible!
p.s : It’s mandatory to eat this cookie dough straight off the spoon…
Ingredients : 5 Ingredients
Time : 5 minutes
Simplicity : Couldn’t be simpler!
Servings : 4 snack sized portions
Cost : $1.77 AUD / £1.00 GBP / $1.34 USD per serving
INGREDIENTS ( 4 SERVINGS)
For our Healthy Vegan Cookie Dough recipe you will need:
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2/3 cup of coconut flour – (you can substitute this for another flour – but coconut flour is light and slightly sweet which we love)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking powder – (remember gluten free if you need it)
- 1/4 cup dark, vegan-friendly chocolate chips or buttons – ( recommended!!)
- To make a peanut butter flavoured cookie dough, add 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
Tip: We tried it with crunchy peanut butter which gave it great texture
To make our Healthy Vegan Cookie Dough all you will need is:
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Add them to your blender along with the maple syrup and vanilla essence
- Blend until it’s all smooth
- Pour the mixture into your mixing bowl and add the coconut flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Give it a really good mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and PB now, if your using either of them
- If it’s too dry at a little bit of water and if it’s too runny add a little more flour!
- Grab a spoon, your friends, a movie and enjoy!
We would love to hear from you, let us know what you thought of this recipe in the comments below, and share it with anyone you think might like it!
We would love to see your creations so tag us in all your photos! – @the_health_mix